Customer Complaints Policy & Procedure
Buff BBQ Limited (Buff BBQ) is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and maintaining a healthy customer relationship at all levels of our business. We have a Complaints Policy to ensure all complaints are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As a customer of ours, you are entitled to make a complaint to us. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints.
A complaint is defined as any expression of dissatisfaction; however it is expressed. This would include complaints expressed face to face, via a phone call, in writing, via email or any other method. All staff should have sufficient knowledge to be able to identify an “expression of dissatisfaction” even when the word “complain” or “complaint” is not used.
Buff BBQ want to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. Please call our Customer Service team and we’ll do our best to fix any problems you may be having with our products or services as soon as possible.
- To provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide our customers with access to the complaints handling process, including those customers with disabilities and special needs.
- To keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Ongoing review of our complaints so that we can improve our standard of customer service.
Handling Your Complaint:
- ]Upon receiving a complaint, we will acknowledge your matter via telephone or in writing within 2 business days.
If your complaint is urgent, we will aim to prioritise your complaint and attempt to resolve it within 2 working days. If we cannot, we will explain why and the reasons for taking longer.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, proposed actions and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Our aim is to resolve complaints in a timely manner and we will generally resolve a matter within 30 calendar days.
- Complex complaints may take longer than 30 calendar days to resolve. In these cases, we will regularly update you on the progress and likely timeframe for resolution.
- We will advise you of the outcome of your complaint. Where you have requested us to do so, we will advise you in writing.
- Making a complaint should normally be free. We may impose a charge for handling your complaint in special circumstances. For example, where Buff BBQ incurs third-party costs for investigating a complaint.
- If we think your complaint requires a charge, we will not impose one without discussion with you. If your complaint is upheld in your favour, and we have charged you complaint handling fees, we will refund you the full amount of the fees charged within 30 days.
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your purchase or dealings with Buff BBQ, we urge you to telephone our Customer Service in the first instance. Our objective is to resolve the vast majority of enquiries or complaints during your first contact with us.
If you prefer to put your complaint in writing (via email or post), we will respond to your correspondence within 24 hours of receipt, and will confirm any details in writing if you request us to do so.
You can also make a complaint by using any of the other contact methods on our website, or please ask us if there is any other method you would like to use to send a complaint to us.
Complaints made to the company are overseen by our customer service management. After a complaint is made, if it is not immediately resolved, we may need to investigate it. This process may take 15 Business Days, or longer (in which case we will update you with a reason for the delay and the expected timeframe).
If you are not satisfied with the response tendered to you, you may ask Customer Service Management to escalate your complaint to senior management directly. If so, we will try to make a senior management representative available to address the complaint as soon as possible (depending on availability).
When your complaint is resolved, we will confirm this with you within 10 business days.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, and depending on the nature of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to an independent public body, such as Trading Standards (via www.citizensadvice.org.uk).
Buff BBQ will comply with all reasonable requests from any recognised public body regarding the complaint & their decision will be final.
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Buff BBQ maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality, for example, when a complaint directly involves a brand/supplier & Buff BBQ needs to liaise with that brand/supplier in order to resolve the complaint (with each complaint assessed on a case by case basis).